Voodoo's Room

This is my room. My name is Voodoo.

My Photo
Name:
Location: D/FW, Texas

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Halting.Rage.

I cannot take credit for creating the title of this post. Halting rage was developed by talented writer sis-in-law. If you can't figure it out by looking at it then you won't get it if I give a lame attempt to describe it.

Last night was SUPPOSED to be a televised Dallas Stars hockey game. I don't care what kind of deal the NHL or the players union or anyone else pens with any network...as long as I can punch in a series of numbers and **poof** beatutiful hockey men with Stars jerseys on kicking some butt. Dish Network, however, has clearly dropped the ball. The Stars game was supposed to be on Outdoor Life Network (does anyone in the US play hockey outside in October??? ah well.) Instead there was a bunch of dip-sh*ts shooting bears on OLN and no hockey.

I get on the phone w/ Dish Network. I was on hold for so long that the first intermission was underway when I got a human individual on the phone. The broad I spoke with couldn't help me so I was placed on hold again. I passed the phone to my hubby at this point knowing that he'd be able to do a much better job than I would (especially since the "F" word would have probably come out of my mouth resulting in a hang-up and a waste of my 45 minutes) and I jumped into homework with the Small Bird.

Hubby finally gets someone on the phone (10 mins into the 2nd period) and is told, "The Stars must have blacked the game out in your area."

"WHAT???? Are.You.SMOKING.CRACK??", my hubby inquires. (giggles from me and bird)

After pointedly explaning that would NEVER occur he is walked through some steps (what model dish to you have, what model DVR do you have blah blah blah) it's determined that.....(drum roll) The Dish Network rep has no idea what's going on.

Surprise.

Soooo...now I am going to email Dish Network, The Dallas Stars, and OLN and let them know how disappointing this is.......and if this is how it's going to be I guess we'll just have to switch to cable or Direct TV (even tho I don't even want to do that....)

Go Stars....even if we can't watch.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Those f'ers. I hope they get it worked out very soon. Of course, this from the girl who missed the game to watch (ahem) Cinderella and then fell asleep...

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home