Voodoo's Room

This is my room. My name is Voodoo.

My Photo
Name:
Location: D/FW, Texas

Monday, October 24, 2005

Mentally Unstable

I spent the greater portion of this weekend being mentally unstable. I’m thinking I need a vacation from my life. It’s clear that I need some sort of therapy since I love my job, hubby, and kid and I want to get away from all three of them! Isn’t that horrible? It makes me quite certain that I’m the most selfish person I’ve ever met which makes me feel guilty. Aw well….enough with that already!

The wonderful and gorgeous Dallas Stars beat the Calgary Flames 2-1 on Saturday night. (Sorry Leigh! I thought of you when the game ended and it made the victory bittersweet!) I have been Tivo-ing the games so that I can make a personal Dallas Stars highlight reel! Hubby has a DVD burner and some nifty software that will allow him to play back the Tivo-ed items and he can splice them together and then burn them on a DVD. So our plan is to have a bunch of great goals, fights, and saves to throw on a DVD for safe keeping! We didn’t have the DVD burner or Tivo the last time there was a hockey season so we were ready for this one!

This coming Saturday the 28th is the Breeders Cup! I’m so excited about that! I tried to have a blog about horse racing since it’s one of my favorite things, but I discovered that my love for the running horse does not include writing about them! I will probably make a Breeders Cup only post as soon as post positions and fields are locked in later this week. I gotta figure out when I’m going to make it to Lone Star Park to place my bets.

One of my favorite bloggers, Lucky Devil, has a great post today about “7 Things”…ie: 7 things I want to do before I die, etc. It inspired to post the following:

7 Things I Love to Say To People

1. Do whatever makes you feel warm inside.
2. Are you smoking crack?
3. Excuse me, I have to go find a sword to fall on.
4. Go Stars!
5. I didn’t know that they sold cologne at Everything’s $1.00.
6. Go to hell.
7. Bark like a dog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Devon Ellington said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by Ink in My Coffee!

For the Juvy Fillies in BC:
Folkore across the board. I want to take a look at Knights Templar in the paddock -- I like her, but I'm still on the fence.

My picks for ALL the races will be in Tuesday's edition of www.femmefan.com.

Of course, mere hours after my deadline, Roman Ruler was scratched from the Sprint! But hey, Lost in the Fog is still in there, right? :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle Miles said...

OMG I nearly spewed coffee on #5! LOL!

I with ya on the Vacation From Life thing sister!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Wish I could have served coffee or margueritas. I had an audience of - oh - ONE for such a long time, so one or two new readers is a huge incremental increase!

Hmmmmm. D/FW, tiny town... My county seat is McKinney. Used to be a tiny town but since it encompasses Plano and Frisco and all the insane growth, it's a pretty big deal and has big old computers ready to spit out our names on those forms.

Even though I grew up in Edmonton, I'm not a huge hockey fan, but my husband, oh the STARS rule!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home