Voodoo's Room

This is my room. My name is Voodoo.

My Photo
Name:
Location: D/FW, Texas

Friday, October 14, 2005

Pumpkin Stars

Talented writer sis-in-law told me that I really needed to go to Starbucks and get a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I’ve always been a big Starbucks Coffee fan (mmmmm….Café Americano) but I hadn’t tried a latte. Knowing that pumpkin pie is my favorite-ist dessert ever, TWSIL told me that this was like drinking a nice warm piece of pumpkin pie. Well, I talked hubby into stopping last night and I had one. Let me tell you…I think I actually heard angels’ wings flapping when the delightful fluid touched my lips and tongue. It is a divine drink and I’m going to have one for lunch today.

The Wonderful and Mighty Dallas Stars were on last night and we were actually able to watch the game since it wasn’t on OLN. (Fortunately, they won’t be on that poor boycotted station until December so hopefully they will resolve the Dish Network greed by then.) The game was tied at 2 after regulation. I was deeply concerned that there was going to be a shoot out. It made me squirmy. I think it is a huge disservice to the sport to have a shoot out if the game is still tied after a five-minute overtime. How dumb. Two goalies play to a tie and the NHL rewards them with the best shooters from the opposing bench charging down on them with the puck. Beyond.Stupid. They should let teams play until someone wins and if that means we watch 6 periods of hockey then so be it. Anyway….I digress. So with one minute left in the overtime Philippe Boucher takes a pass from Mike Modano and flips the puck over the shoulder of the Flames’ net minder, Mikka Kiprusoff (doesn’t that sound like a type of foreign candy? Or a weird dog breed?) and STARS WIN!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Miles said...

I completely forgot about the game last night. WHAA! I agree - I hate the shootout thing. It's STOOPID.

8:28 AM  
Blogger iwrite said...

Yeah, I agree. It just seems so anti-climactic. Why not take that 5 or 10 minutes spent on the shoot out and make the OT a bit longer?

Love the blog, Voodoo. I'm bookmarking it and making it part of my morning coffee reading! ESPECIALLY if we can talk about hockey! hehe

8:29 AM  
Blogger Voodoo's Room said...

I'm glad we all agree! haha

Thanks iwrite!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Sandy J said...

Came over from your TWSIL (who, by the way, and is definitely one of the most talented people I know) and enjoyed your blog. I don't have much to say about the Stars since I haven't had a chance to watch them yet, but have lots to say about how good a pumpkin spice latte is! On my way to Starbucks now!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home