Voodoo's Room

This is my room. My name is Voodoo.

My Photo
Name:
Location: D/FW, Texas

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

What a difference

It is amazing the routines we get into without even really noticing. Creatures of habit we certainly are. I sometimes find myself wondering, "What did I forget to do?" if I have ten idle seconds. Each day packed with my errands and work and family. So, isn't it amazing when one little moment of a regular day becomes something that elates you...or makes you feel like you can breathe easier...or makes you press your hands tightly together and say, "Thank you, God, for helping me."

Yesterday I had one of those moments. A person that I absolutely adore (and who shall remain anonymous) told me what I meant to her as a friend. It was simply a crystalline moment of gratitude that filled me and I couldn't stop myself...I excused myself to the restroom and wept. At the risk of sounding sensitive and soft-hearted, it simply meant the world to have her feelings and it is the only reason that yesterday was wonderful. One second in time made yesterday a special day and I'm so very grateful for it.

Now, on to the Breeders Cup! I have my exacta in the Juvenile Fillies figured out. I can't wait to watch Lost in the Fog in the Sprint; ditto for Leroidesanimaux (pronounced Le-wah-dis-an-e-moe...French for Lord of the Animals) in the Mile....I just need to decide on the rest of the races! Hubby is going to Lone Star Park to place our bets on Friday, so I have 48 hours to wait for the post positions and make my final decision. I.Can't.Wait! (Halting.excitement.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Devil said...

Are you the same Blogger as Nickie? I was going to connect you to her site, but when I went to finde hers, it's kind of gone...

2:34 PM  
Blogger Voodoo's Room said...

I am the same blogger as Nickie. It is easier to just write about stuff than stuff I love...odd, eh? Love.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Lucky Devil said...

Sometimes I stuff things I love too! Just depends on our mood that evening! I was wondering what happened to your alter ego. Glad your reincarnation surgery took!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home